It was part of the Royal Tank Regiment, itself part of the Royal Armoured Corps.
It was originally formed by converting the 10th battalion of The Manchester Regiment, a Territorial Army infantry battalion, to a tank unit. As part of 24th Armoured Brigade it took part in the Second Battle of El Alamein but then shared the fate of the rest of its brigade, being dispersed to provide reinforcements for other units. In 1947 the Regiment was re-formed and in 1956, it amalgamated with the 40th (The King's) Royal Tank Regiment to form the 40th/41st Royal Tank Regiment.
Подчинение батальона (Unit Superiors):